Thursday, March 24, 2005

F1Time - S22 - Race8 - Anderstorp, Sweden

Another Wet Race and this was the Home GP for the Barbeque Racing Team. Woodi was tipped to be the favourite to win here but he went for a 'Saving by Racing' strategy. There was some close WU times when positions 4 to 6 were decided by a gap of just .04 seconds. But Andre surprised everyone in Qual when he stormed to the POLE position with over half a second gap over teammate Heike. DC leaders Eld and Pijus were in the second row of the grid. I was again in the 4th row. Pijus had a superb start as he got the Lead in the very first lap. I too made a good getaway thanks to a mistake i made. I got my weather calculations wrong as i had to pit a lap earlier. But luckily Pijus, Eld and others too made the same mistake. My Pitcrew made the difference over Pijus, as i got the lead now. Eld was faster now and easily overtook both myself and Pijus. Pijus was faster too.. but my driver managed to hold him till my pitstop. But Pijus was running a heavy fuel load and he pitted very late for the Dry tyres at the weather change. Eld had a 11 second lead over Pijus and there were 12 more laps to go. But Pijus was cutting it down sharply every lap and he caught up with Eld in 9 laps. But overtaking was a different thing as he unsuccessfully challenged Eld on the last 3 laps. He finished just .06 seconds from the 'Homeboy' Eld. And i got the third position even with mistakes. Pijus should have won the race and my driver was at fault. Pijus was stuck behind me for over 25 laps and that was the difference. Woodi had a bad day in his Home GP when his engine blew off in Lap42. Here are the race results.
1. Joakim Sjöblom**
2. Pijus Jerusevicius
3. Aswin Mathew
4. Andre Osterloh
5. Thomas Pappaioannou
6. Donatas Stakauskas
7. Christophe Jauffret
8. Arunas Babrauskas******

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home