Tuesday, February 01, 2005

F1Time - S21 - Race7 - Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium

The server reliability has been questioned so much that some of my fellow managers even started betting on when the server will go down. And it happened just like that. BreadC proved to be the best among the 'astrologers'. :). Earlier when the server goes down, it would have up an hour or two after the race is done. But now, it takes 10-12 hours for restoration. :(
Well.. I was in all sorts of confusion for this race. According to the pattern i followed this season, this one is for racing. But the low lap money gained by just 44 laps in Spa made me think twice. Only when i saw my teammie top the WU timings (10 minutes to Office closure at that time), i decided to give him company and thereby race. Unfortunately i had done my all 4 WU laps till then and wasnt sure where i stand. The Qual was bad when i could manage only 10th. But as the race progressed, i gained positions and was even leading after the pits. But all those good times came to an end when my Engine Blew. It was my first this season and hope to be the only one too. Nezam held on to his position despite a late charge by Kondrat. In the end, both finished within a second's gap and Nezam took away another win. My teammie came third and thats a relief for me. Lanca continued his good show with a 4th place finish.
In c1, Nuno Mendes got his first win of the season. He was followed by Sow and Tof. Sow, with that 8 points, leapfrogged his elder brother to lead the DC now. Tof was really happy with the podium as was evident in his Press Releases :). Again.. RC missed the race and i doubt it to be the starting of a sabbatical. RC is a champion racer and it would be another loss if he decides to retire.

1 Comments:

At 5:26 pm, Blogger Orchard P Dirk said...

Well, it appears that I have a difficult time understanding all that you are posting about. I guess I am not too up on the games and terms you use, but it also seems that I understand you are having a problem with your server. That implies to me that you know a lot about computers, to have your own server, and I admire that, and wish that your server would stop letting you down.

Anyway, I am sorry I can't comment much about your F1Time games, but I just do not understand all of them. But, like I said, I understand the human condition of being let down, and that can be from a server or an enemy or a friend, and that I feel and think you are doing good things to change it for the better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home