Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Disappointment to start with - Race1 Analysis

The Much awaited Season starter in Austria was an utter disappointment to our team. Teammate JTix did a pretty good job, but he couldnt finish in the Points. For me, my 97% reliable Renualt disappointed. An Engine Explosion on Lap18 ended my little hopes.I ended up in 24th posn and i was the lone DNF in the group. Since our group is just 28 in number and 4 others didnt race helped my cause. I was able to get that extra little money. :). It seems like TaBu made some changes with the PitCrew timings and it was evident in the Pit Timings in c1 group. Since my driver DNF d before he could do a pitstop didnt serve my purpose as well.
The Results in the Higher Groups were as expected. Eld took his first win of the season closely followed by RC. Woodi also looked good in this Aodi and he took the remaining Podium spot. These 3 along with Kostya and Vitor mite be the potential Championship racers this time. In our group, Vaidas took the win followed by Osterloh. Though Osterloh had BML, Vaidas was able to beat him with his underperforming Renualt. His teammie Arus was out of the podium but still scored 4 valuable points.
As this is just the start of the season, i take this drop in the lighter note and hope that my Engine Supplier does a better job from now on. Also the daunting task of Team Naming lies ahead as this is the First time an Indo-Dutch Team is formed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home